Monday, June 29, 2009

Remorques

Well, after some confusion and trepidation, I have been able to attend the Media Literacy workshop, which i have anticipated eagerly for some time. The opening lectures seem more than promising, and offer some interesting points, especially from a Media Studies perspective. At the same time, I do have some concerns originating in my lack of background in education courses, and the disjunction between the K-12 orientation of the course, and my own need for collegiate level work with Olase Freeman when I assist him as he teaches Dance History.

I am 65, retired, having worked in the transportation industry and as a curator for the Rhode Island Computer Museum. I have manifold degrees, 4 to date: BA's in English and Film Studies
from Rhode Island College, and MA's in English/Black Studies and Film Studies, also from Rhode Island College. I was the first graduate student to do work in Black Studies at the college. I am also pursuing an MA in the Media Studies programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment